Amla inherits end number of medicinal and nutritional qualities which includes: strengthening of eyes and lungs, turning hair healthier and stronger, enhancing fertility, strengthening body resistance, vital antioxidant and nourishing the brain for effective mental functioning.
Here are few benefits of this fruit:
1. Amla if dried, can be consumed raw as a powder which offers a host of benefits like improving digestion, healing mouth ulcers,curing throat and cold.
2. Amla is a very important source for improving the eyesight.
3. It strengthens hair from the roots and make it healthier. Applying paste of amla on hair roots improves hair growth and color.
4. Amla can control diabetes. The fruit can actually assist in the proper absorption of insulin leading to a drop in blood sugar in diabetics. 2-3 teaspoons of amla powder or juice in a glass of water can help diabetic patients to control diabetes.
5. Amla oil, the most commonly used oil in India, helps in reducing hair fall and is an effective treatment for dandruff and lice.
6. Amla scrub, facial packs and face masks can brighten dull and dry skin and even reduce pigmentation and dark spots.