"Earlier, it was being considered that we should go to Jaipur but later the decision was changed and it was decided not to accept the government's proposal to go to Jaipur," Himmat Singh, spokesperson of the Gujjar Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti said.

He said a letter has been handed over to the district administration with denial to go to Jaipur. The deadlock over the venue of the meeting is on since Saturday when the first round of talks between the Gujjars and a committee of ministers ended in a failure at Bayana.

"The Gujjar leaders gave us a letter in which they stated that they are not ready to go to Jaipur. The government gave them a fresh proposal yesterday and we are again asking them to go to Jaipur," District Collector Ravi Jain said.

The first meeting between Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla and his delegation with the committee of ministers ended in a deadlock on Saturday with the Gujjars accusing the government of not offering them anything new. Since then, the stalemate on the venue of the next meeting is continuing.

They blocked railway tracks on the Delhi-Mumbai route in Pilukapura, Agra-Jaipur highway in Dausa and a state highway at Sawaimadhopur to press for the demand for five percent reservation in government jobs.

Latest News from State News Desk