Haryana Director General of Police S N Vashisht on Wednesday asserted that police will continue its "operation" till he is arrested for production before Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday in a contempt case.

He said the ashram authorities have handed over bodies of four women and two sick persons, including an infant, who also died in a hospital later. The cause of their death will be investigated.

"There is no possibility of negotiations... There is not even any plan.. He is accused of serious crimes. My suggestion to him is that he should surrender before the law," Vashisht said while addressing a press conference in Chandigarh.
Police registered fresh cases last night against Rampal, ashram spokesman Raj Kapoor, another key functionary Purshottam Dass and several other followers under under various Sections of the IPC.
The cases have been filed under Sections 121 (waging, or attempting to wage war, or abetting waging of war, against the Government of India), 121A (conspiring to commit certain offences against the state) and 122 (Collecting arms etc. with the intention of waging war against the Govt of India).

Besides, the cases have also been slapped against the accused under Sections 123 (concealing with intent to facilitate design to wage war) and other charges that include attempt to murder, assault and under various Sections of the Arms Act, police said.

The fresh cases were filed after clashes broke out at the ashram between police and Rampal's supporters, who allegedly resorted to firing and threw petrol bombs.

Rampal is already an accused in a murder case.

Earlier this week, Punjab and Haryana High Court gave the government time till Friday to produce Rampal in contempt of court case, after which authorities have been asking the devotees in and around the Satlok Ashram to disperse and help them comply with court order.

The DGP said 10,000 followers have come out of the ashram while nearly 5,000 are still believed to be inside.

Nearly 270 of Rampal's supporters, including 20 key functionaries of his ashram, besides 250 members of his private army have been detained after the fresh charges, including that of rioting, were invoked.

READ: 'Godman' slapped with sedition charge

After investigation, those found involved will be put under arrest, he added.

"As the investigation progresses, further charges would be added on the basis of evidence that comes to the fore against them," he said.
He said the operation had been temporarily halted last night to allow more followers to come out of the Satlok Ashram.
"So far, as many as 10,000 followers have come out. We believe nearly 5,000 followers are still inside. These followers include women, children and very old persons as well. Most of them hail from places like Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.

"We are committed to protecting the lives of innocents. Therefore, we are not setting any deadline for this operation as our over-riding priority is to save the lives of innocents," the DGP, who was flanked by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) P K Mahapatra and Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Sanjeev Kaushal, said.
He said so far the security personnel had not entered the ashram and denied that there had been any delay or laxity on part of the police.
He said that this morning the ashram authorites handed over the bodie of four women to them including that of a 70-year-old.

The women whose bodies had been handed over were identified as Savita (31) of Delhi, Santosh (45) of Rohtak, Raj Bala (70) of Bijnore and Malikit Kaur (50) of Sangrur in Punjab.

Besides , 20-year-old Rajni, who was in a serious with a heart ailment, was rushed to Hisar hospital from the Ashram at around 4 a m, but died there four hours later.
A one-and-a-half year old infant, whose father's name is Vipin Pratap Singh, also died as he was suffering from congenital jaundice.
The infant belonged to Rewa district in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
DGP said that police will investigate all deaths to ascertain the cause.
"Post mortem examination of the bodies will be conducted to ascertain the exact cause behind their deaths," he said.
DGP made it clear that there were no wounds on the bodies of the four women the police was also not certain under what circumstances they had passed away.

Latest News from State News Desk