Public Prosecutor Pradeep Gharat concluded the prosecution case on April 9 after commencing oral arguments from April 1.
    
Defence counsel Shrikant Shivade commenced his final arguments on April 10. He will continue his submissions from April 15.
    
On March 27, the statement of 49-year-old Khan had been recorded under section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code by Judge D W Deshpande, who is presiding over the retrial in this case. The actor denied that he was driving the car and said his driver Ashok Singh was behind the wheel.

The actor is facing the charge of ramming his car into a bakery shop in suburban Bandra on September 28, 2002, in which one person was killed and four others were injured.
    
He is facing the charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder under IPC and other charges under the Motor Vehicles Act.
    
The prosecution has also alleged that he was under the influence of liquor when he was driving the Land Cruiser SUV on the day. The actor has denied the allegations.
    
Judge Deshpande has given Gharat time till April 13 to submit the final arguments in writing.
    
"Submit the final arguments by Monday definitely," Judge Deshpande told Gharat on Friday last.
    
Shivade had insisted that the final arguments be presented in writing before he takes his arguments further. Khan's lawyer would commence final arguments from April 15 and would continue at least for two more days.

Gharat in his arguments seeking conviction of the actor under 304 II of the Indian Penal Code has cited the Bombay High Court and Supreme Court verdicts on Alistair Pereira hit-and-run case, Delhi's Sanjeev Nanda BMW hit-and-run case of 1999 and Naresh Singh versus State of Madhya Pradesh.

Latest Newsfrom Entertainment News Desk