New Delhi: The Chinese technology giant Honor, a subsidiary of Huawei, is likely to raise curtain from its much awaited smartphone Honor 5C in India at an event that is scheduled to take place on June 22.
To recall, the 3G variant of Honor 5C was launched in China in April at CNY 899 (Rs 9000) and the 4G model was priced at CNY 999 (Rs 10,000). It is expected that the company will unveil 4G model in India later this year.
Following are the specifications of the device:
- The Honor 5C features a 5.2-inch FHD IPS Corning Gorilla Glass protected display, and HiSilicon Kirin 650 16nm processor
- The smartphone is clubbed with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- The Honor 5C is loaded with Android Marshmallow on top of Emotion UI 4.1
- The rear camera included with the dual-SIM Honor 5C is equipped with a 13-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, face detection, panorama and HDR, the front-facing snapper sports an 8-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens
- On the rear side, you will find fingerprint scanner, which will be capable of performing a wide range of functions like unlocking the phone and capturing selfies etc.
- The Honor 5C is powered by a 3000mAh battery
- The smartphone weighs 156 grams
- It provides support for GPRS/ EDGE, 3G, FM radio, GPS/A-GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi in addition to a Micro-USB charging port and Beidou for satellite positioning
- The device supports LTE Cat. 6, which is capable of offering download speeds of up to 300Mbps and upload speeds of up to 50Mbps
- The Honor 5C consists of a single metallic frame with a thickness of 8.3mm
The smartphone is manufactured using a full metal unibody from high-quality premium metal, which is lighter than the material used by other competing smartphones.