"I have been framed, I want a CBI inquiry into the incident, culprits must be punished," Narsingh said.

Narsingh on Monday admitted that his career would be over if the four-year ban imposed on him by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) is not reviewed and said that the country should take up his case as India lost out on an Olympic medal in 74kg category.

Narsingh was debarred from representing India at the Rio Games in 74kg freestyle wrestling event after he was slapped with a four-year ban by CAS for flunking a dope test following WADA's challenge to the clean chit given to him by NADA.

"My career will be over. In case, my ban is not reviewed, it would be all over for me," Narsingh said.

"But it is not just me who have been defamed, this ban on me is a blot on the entire nation's reputation. If my ban is not reviewed, an innocent person would be tainted for life, let alone career being over," a demoralised Narsingh added.

The 27-year-old grappler from Maharashtra said had he been allowed to compete, India would have definitely won another medal from the Rio Games.

"India has definitely lost out on a medal in 74kg category because one of the two guys who has bagged a bronze in the Rio Olympics, Soner Demirtas of Turkey, I had defeated him during the World Championship at Las Vegas last year enroute to booking my Olympic quota place with a bronze-medal finish there," said Narsingh.

Latest News from Sports News Desk