Gupta, who had directed John in 2013 crime drama 'Shootout at Wadala', post its success of had announced 'Mumbai Saga', as his next project, a film set in the 80's and 90's on nexus the between mill owners, the underworld, and police in Mumbai.
"I have no news on it ('Mumbai Saga'). I have not heard from Sanjay Gupta (about the film)," John said.
"After that ('Shootout at Wadala') he did 'Jazbaa'. Sanjay and I are not in touch with each other. I love him and would like to work with him. But we are not in touch at all so I have no idea on 'Mumbai Saga' or what he plans to do."
Gupta had earlier said he would retain most of the cast of "Shootout at Wadala", including John, Sonu Sood, Anil Kapoor, Manoj Bajpayee and Tusshar Kapoor in "Mumbai Saga".
John, 43, also spoke about working on one of his dream projects - '1911', a film which revolves around football, a sport the 'Force' actor is passionate about.
John said the film is not shelved and he is still working on the core idea with director Shoojit Sircar.
The 'Dostana' star is excited for his next release 'Rocky Handsome' opposite Shruti Hassan. The action-thriller helmed by Nishikant Kamat, reteams the actor with Shruti after their last year hit comedy 'Welcome Back'.
'Rocky Handsome' is set to release on March 25. John is also working on films 'Dishoom', 'Force 2' and 'Hera Pheri 3'.


Latest news from Entertainment News Desk