Amid present political situation, the market is anticipating a stable government at the Centre. Hence, the industry has huge expectations from new ruling dispensation at the Centre. The corporate honchos are putting the infrastructure development as the top most priority for the new government. • Change in government policy towards economic issues
India Inc’s 100-day agenda
• Government should earn trust of bureaucracy and private sector
• Strong PMO for better coordination among various ministries
• Focus on employment generation, growth and infrastructure development
• Holding talks with states over pending issues, decentralization of power
• Promotion of investment and privatization
• Stress on basic infrastructure, setting up of new urban centers
• Stable tax structure
• Guaranteed FDI in Insurance and Defence sector
• Promotion of share market
• Focus on employment, development and infrastructure
• Boosting privatization and investment
• FDI in insurance and defence sector
• Encouraging share market
Amid present political situation, the market is anticipating a stable government at the Centre. Hence, the industry has huge expectations from new ruling dispensation at the Centre. The corporate honchos are putting the infrastructure development as the top most priority for the new government.
• Change in government policy towards economic issues
An Axis Bank report says that the new government should reflect constructive thought. The industry sector, which is reeling under UPA-II’s laxity and slow growth rate, believes that the new government can’t win the trust of investors until it changes its policies. CII president Kris Gopalakrishnan said,
“The new government should focus on time bound, skilled and transparent implementation of policies.”
The government needs to focus on infrastructure development to woo domestic and international investors.
Sharad Jaipuria, president of PHD Chamber of Commerce and industry, said, “The new government should lay stress on the reforms in power sector. It’s important to streamline power production and its transmission to achieve double-digit growth rates.”
“There is an urgent need to regulate the fluctuation of currency,” said Sunil Kant Munjal, chairman of Hero Group.
Meanwhile, Rafeeq Ahmed said, “The government should accelerate manufacturing sector to boost export.
Experts believe achieving and maintaining a smooth growth pace is closely linked to these reforms and disregarding them is simply not the option, especially when crucial six months of the year is occupied in the political adjustments.