Jagran Post

jagran Post
post.jagran.com

Injured Argentine del Potro out of Indian Wells Masters

Publish Date: 10 Mar 2014, 02:30 PM
Last Updated: 10 Mar 2014, 02:30 PM
quick bites

Indian Wells: Argentine tennis player Juan Martin del Potro retired from the ATP Indian Wells Masters 1,000 tournament due to the pain in his left wrist.

Martin del Potro out of Indian Wells
Martin del Potro out of Indian Wells

 

World No.7 del Potro will lose 600 ranking points since last year he had been the finalist where he was defeated by Spaniard Rafael Nadal, reports Xinhua.

"I am sorry to tell you that I will not play Indian Wells' singles because I still feel discomfort in the wrist. Playing doubles helped me realise that I am not yet in good condition," said del Potro on Sunday.

"I will have some days before the beginning of Miami tournament. I will follow doctor's treatment, hoping I will be able to play there. I also thank you for your support messages," said the 2009 US Open champion.

The 25-year-old was going to debut at Indian Wells on Sunday against Spanish Feliciano Lopez. He played doubles with Croatian Marin Cilic on Saturday but felt discomfort in the wrist.

The wrist injury has affected del Potro in the current season, forcing him to also retire from Dubai's tour at the end of February.

The Argentine underwent a right-wrist surgery in 2010 and was inactive almost the whole year.

 (Agencies)

Latest News from Sports News Desk

For Latest News Updates Follow Jagran Post on

SHARE YOUR VIEWS - POST YOUR COMMENT BELOW
We encourage you to log in and comment. Non-logged-in comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.

Characters remaining


Login/Comment with:ORPost your comment using security code
Name*
E-mail*
Word Verification:*
  Type the characters you see in the picture below