According to a new agency, Lechter's iPhone 6 caught on fire after an accident in a rickshaw. Lechter was travelling in the vehicle with his wife and son when the horrifying incident took place.

No one was seriously injured as the rickshaw toppled over, but Lechter was thrown from the vehicle and immediately he felt something burned his body.

Letcher felt a burning sensation on his leg and then saw and smelled smoke from his pants.

Meanwhile, a passer-by apparently came to the rescue by throwing ice over the burning device. Lechter needed medical treatment for burns to his leg.