New Delhi: The police was given on Saturday by a Delhi court three months more to complete its ongoing probe into the case of terror bombing of an Israeli diplomat's car, on the ground of the "probe going international".

"This is for the first time that name of any country has appeared in any of your (police) application," Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav remarked while allowing the police plea for more time to probe the case.

"The application names Iran nationals," said court sources later.

The disclosure about the "probe going international" was made by the police in its plea for more time to probe into the February 13 terror attack case in which journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi has been arrested for his alleged role in helping four Irani nationals in executing the attack.

The four Iranian nationals are Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh. The court had earlier issued open warrant against them.

The in-camera proceeding was conducted on the application filed under the provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) after Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan submitted that there are names of witnesses, country and other crucial information which should not be made public.

Mohan also told the court that the police is still conducting the probe and "as on this date, it cannot be said if any charge sheet will be filed against Kazmi as the matter is stil being investigated."

(Agencies)

Latest News from India News Desk