Los Angeles: Prosecutors will not seek restitution against the doctor convicted of killing Michael Jackson after conferring with the singer's parents and attorneys for his estate and children.
   
The request for payments from Conrad Murray was withdrawn on Friday during a brief court hearing, just days before a judge was scheduled to consider how much the former cardiologist should pay to members of Jackson's family or his estate.
   
Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told the judge handling the case that he was withdrawing the restitution request after speaking with Jackson's mother, Katherine, and attorney for his father, Joseph.
   
Walgren also consulted with an attorney for the singer's estate and a court-appointed attorney representing the interests of Jackson's three children, a transcript of the proceedings shows.
   
Murray remains in jail after being convicted in November of involuntary manslaughter. He was sentenced to serve four years in jail, but his incarceration will be cut in half due to overcrowding and California's budget crunch.
   
Jackson's estate estimated the singer would have earned at least USD 100 million if he had performed his "This Is It" concerts planned for London's O2 arena.
   
Murray might have also been found liable for Jackson's funeral expenses, which totaled more than USD 1.8 million. Murray's attorneys said he had nowhere near the money to pay either amount, and he filed paperwork last month indicating he is indigent.
   
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor ruled that the family was waiving its right to restitution permanently, although two separate cases pending in a Los Angeles civil court seek damages against for the Kin of Pop's June 2009 death.

(Agencies)