New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh among other dignitaries graced the occasion of Jagran Forum, an initiative organized by world's largest read newspaper Dainik Jagran at Hotel Taj Palace in New Delhi. The theme of forum was inclusive democracy in contemporary context.
Here, we bring you the best statements made by the honourable personalities.
PM Narendra Modi
- Government wants to hike minimum salary from Rs 7,000 to Rs 21,000.
- Government launched 'Mudra Bank Yojna' to boost small scale industries.
- The first thing is to have faith in the people.
- Democracy faces threat of 'Mantantra' and 'Moneytantra'.
- Development needs to be made public movement.
- Our Constitution reflects inclusiveness.
- The democracy cannot function without opposition's support.
- Inclusive democracy is necessary for making India a strong nation.
- We should make people aware of their strength.
- Development is yet to be participatory.
- There is a need for decentralization of power.
- We have implemented PM's vision of minimum governance.
- Incidents of terrorism have reduced in Jharkhand.
- Government is working to generate 4,000 MW electricity in Jharkhand.
Dr Raman Singh
- Local people are now supporting government not Naxalites .
- Both Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh have developed after bifurcation.
- In next four years, we have planned to lay 540 Kms railway line.
- Opinion polls have always proved wrong.
- Centre should hand over police and land to Delhi government.
- Before elections, every party vows to support full statehood to Delhi.
- States need to be reorganised.
- We should ponder over development of Uttar Pradesh.
- RTO is the most corrupt department in the country.
- Our main priority is to reduce road accidents.
- There shouldn't be any politics in development.
- We will increase the promotional budget in the coming days.
- In 2017, Samajwadi Party will return to power in Uttar Pradesh.
- UP government has done a good job over law and order situation.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Madhya Pradesh is turning into a developed state.
- We ourselves have exposed Vyapam Scam.
- Constitutional provisions must be made to hold elections in the entire country in five years.
- I had no complaint against Central government over Dadri incident.
- Writers may have different blood groups but they have same tears.
- I am proud of the country I am born in.
- It is the right of scholars to return their awards.
- Partition of India is the biggest tragedy in last 5,000 years.
Dainik Jagran Editor-in-Chief and CEO Sanjay Gupta
- Dainik Jagran is the largest read newspaper in the world.
- Glitches in the inclusive democracy should be rectified.
- Many workshops were organised for inclusive democracy.
Latest News from India News Desk