Kolkata: The country's largest container port JNPT in Mumbai on Friday said it would invite fresh bids for its fourth terminal facility in about 3 months, after ABG Infra and Singapore's PSA-led consortium failed to seal a deal.

"We are retendering... We have given them (ABG and PSA) notice for withdrawal of our offer. Probably, there are chances of certain changes in the tender conditions also...

"We had awarded the project to them, but I think there are differences between them and we cannot wait indefinitely for it to be resolved. We have withdrawn the letter of award," Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) Chairman Radhakrishnan said on the sidelines of a Bengal Chamber event here.

He said that a fresh tender "should happen in 2-3 months".

In September last year, a consortium of ABG Ports and PSA (formerly Port of Singapore Authority) had bagged a Rs 6,700- crore project for building the fourth terminal at the JNPT.

The container terminal was to be built on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis and as per the agreement, the PSA-led consortium would have to share half its revenues with the government.

However, later the members of the consortium, said they have parted ways, leading to further delay in the project.

The terminal is epxected to add 4.8 million standard container capacity to JNPT.

(Agencies)

Latest News from Business News Desk