New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in bombing of the Israeli diplomat’s car on Monday sought to know the grounds on which his judicial custody is being extended from time to time.

"We want to know what happened in the proceedings relating to the judicial custody. On what grounds is it being extended (time and again)?" Kazmi's counsel Mehmood Pracha asked Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav.

Pracha said after court's permission, he inspected the case file but did not find any document relating to the reasons for extension of his judicial custody.

To this the court said the same "cannot be given to you (Kazmi) at this point of time. The orders extending the judicial custody were passed by me after due consideration."

At this Pracha sought from the court all its past orders, extending his judicial custody from time to time, and the court asked him to file an application for it.

Lodged in Tihar jail, Kazmi partakes in the court proceedings for extension of his judicial custody through video-conferencing.

Kazmi was remanded in judicial custody on March 24 amidst allegations of custodial harassment. He was denied bail earlier this month with the court holding that the evidence prima facie showed he had a role to play in the terror strike.

Meanwhile, Kazmi's counsel reiterated that the reply filed by the Special Cell of Delhi Police is silent on identities of persons who visited, though not interrogated, Kazmi while he was in police custody.

The CMM, however, said the police have in its reply clearly said that "no person from outside or any other agency visited Kazmi during his police custody."

Kazmi, who claims to have been writing for an Iranian publication, had been picked up by the Special Cell of Delhi Police after the probe showed him to be in touch with a suspect who is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua’s car on February 13.