The special security at the airport will continue, but visitors would be allowed entry to the terminal from six am on Tuesday, it was decided at a review meeting held on Monday presided by Airport Director A K C Nair to evaluate the security measurer's, airport authorities said in a release.
The meeting decided that the security measures were satisfactory. Visitors were not being allowed soon after the threat calls were received.
Police, CRPF and Thunderbolt commandos will continue to provide security to the airport.
The airport had been put on high alert from June 27 night after the Air Traffic Control Tower received four calls threatening that terrorists would attack it with AK 47s. While the caller first said the attack would be carried out by Al
Qeada, later the caller said Mujahideen would attack the airport.
While one call was traced to Saudi Arabia, three others were internet generated calls, Nair said, adding, all the calls were suspected to have been made by the same person.


Latest News from State News Desk