London: David Beckham's management team on Friday denied claims by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder is seeking to move to Australia's A-League.
The FFA claimed Beckham, 37, had been in talks with Australian clubs over a loan spell in the A-League, but a representative for the former England captain said there was no truth in the reports.

"There is always enormous interest from clubs across the world in signing David as a player," the spokesman said.
"There are absolutely no plans to play in Australia. David is completely focused on the MLS (Major League Soccer) play-offs and winning another Championship with the Galaxy."

Earlier on Friday, the FFA said Beckham's management team had offered his services for the current season.

Reports indicated he wanted to play a 10-game guest stint once the MLS season ends in a fortnight's time.


Latest News from Sports News Desk