Latur (Maharashtra): Union Minister and Mumbai Cricket Association president Vilasrao Deshmukh on Saturday said here that the decision to ban actor Shahrukh Khan from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium for five years had been conveyed to BCCI, and "let it consider it".

MCA's decision followed fracas at Wankhede on May 16 after an IPL game, where Shahrukh allegedly manhandled a security personnel.

When asked how MCA would respond if BCCI were to set aside the ban, Deshmukh said: "Where is the question of (BCCI questioning) the validity (of MCA decision)?....BCCI is our parent body. It has its own set of rules. IPL is their brainchild... their baby. We have merely rented out our ground to them," he said.

"We have reported our decision to BCCI. Now let them at least sit on that.....consider it. How can I comment before that?"

He also added that one of the proposals that was discussed at the MCA meeting on Friday was to impose a lifetime ban on the actor at the Wankhede.

(Agencies)

Latest news from India News Desk