New Delhi: With a series of launches, it seems that the Reliance Retail's Lyf brand is in full mood of giving its competitors a run for their money. Soon after unveiling the Flame 6, the Lyf brand has raised curtain from its new smartphone- the Wind 5.
Priced at Rs 6,599, the new smartphone is listed on the company’s official site. We can expect the smartphone to be soon available via offline stores such as Reliance Digital and Digital Xpress in its Black and White colour variant.
Following are the specifications of the device:
- The Lyf Wind 5 smartphone supports 4G LTE bands in India - FDD-LTE Band 3 (1800MHz) and TDD-LTE Band 40 (2300MHz)
- The dual-SIM (Micro-SIM + Micro-SIM) supporting Lyf Wind 5 smartphone features a 5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 294ppi
- The smartphone runs Android 5.1 Lollipop out-of-the-box
- The official company listing notes that both SIM slots are 4G enabled; though, at one time only one SIM can use 4G while the other will work on 2G
- The handset is powered by a 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P SoC clubbed with 1GB of RAM
- It packs 8GB of inbuilt storage and supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- The Lyf Wind 5 sports an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED flash along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Some of the camera features on the Lyf Wind 5 include face detection, auto scene detection, face detection, video snapshot, smile shot, and gesture capture
- Connectivity options include GPRS/ EDGE, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Micro-USB, apart from 4G
- Measuring 144.6x72.8x8.4mm, the Lyf Wind 5 weighs 137 grams
- It packs a 2000mAh battery rated to deliver up to 6.5 hours of talk time and up to 140 hours of standby time on 4G network