Pastry Chef Rashmi of Mumbai's Grand Sarovar Premiere says one can easily prepare an Indian Emblem Cheese Cake at home. Here's how: (Agencies)
* Powdered biscuits(200 grams)
* Melted butter(50 grams)
* Cream cheese(200 grams)
* Whipped cream(100 grams)
* Gelatin (10 grams), China Grass is a substitute
* Orange crush or orange flavour (20ml)
* Kiwi crush or Kiwi flavour (20ml)
* Coconut flakes (30grams)
* Mixed fruit coulis (50 grams)
* Take the biscuits (I used Britannia cream crackers) and powder them coarsely. Add melted butter and mix it well till slightly moist.
* Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir to cool.
* Use an electric mixer to beat sugar and cream cheese. It should be light and smooth.
* Whip the cream until stiff. Add gelatin.
* Divide the cream cheese and sugar mixture into three bowls.
* Add orange crush and kiwi crush into cream cheese mixture.
* Keep plain mixture for white colour.
* Take circular baking dish. Put the mixture and sprinkle coloured coconut flakes.
* Prepare mixed fruit coulis (thick sauce) adding sugar to assorted fruits like black grapes and plums. Use the sauce as the base for dish.
* Arrange as shown in the picture. Cake is ready to serve.
Pastry Chef Rashmi of Mumbai's Grand Sarovar Premiere says one can easily prepare an Indian Emblem Cheese Cake at home. Here's how: