New Delhi: The Central Government is waiting for the forensic report to find out the reason behind the incident of food contamination at Saran district in Bihar, which has claimed 21 lives so far. It’s believed that the food took a disastrous toll on the children, as it was already contaminated.  

"It is very sad to know about yesterday's (Tuesday) incident where food poisoning has taken place and 20 children and the cook have passed away and another 21 are hospitalized. We have taken serious note of what has happened," Minister for Human Resource Development Pallam Raju said.

The HRD Minister also added that a senior official who looks after the mid-day meal programme is in Bihar for the first hand information. "It looks like contaminated food...but we are awaiting the forensic report, which will be out later today (Wednesday) and then we will know the reason, why and how the food was contaminated," Pallam Raju said.

Twenty children, who lost their lives, were buried near the school and a case has been registered against the school's headmistress Meena Devi and other teachers.

(Agencies)

Latest News from India News Desk