PMCH Superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar said that smoke came out due to the burning of the AC wire because of voltage fluctuation. There was no gas leak, he clarified.
The AC was immediately put off and the wire disconnected, the PMCH Superintendent said. He said doctors and attending nurses immediately opened the windows for the smoke to go out.
Twenty-four children of primary school, Dharmasati Gandaman of Saran district and a cook, Manju Devi, are admitted in the paediatric ward of PMCH since Tuesday night.
The PMCH Superintendent said all of them are showing signs of recovery. "Their condition is improving fast and they have been kept here only for observation for a few more days," Amar said.
"Three children are in the ICU not because they are serious but for safety only", Amar said.


Latest News  from Bihar News Desk