Islamabad: The trial of seven Pakistani suspects, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was on Saturday adjourned till May 5 after prosecutors submitted a report on a judicial commission's recent visit to India.

Lawyers defending the seven suspects submitted an application containing their preliminary objections to the report during proceedings conducted by Judge Shahid Rafique behind closed doors at the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi, sources said.

Khwaja Haris Ahmed, the counsel for Lakhvi, told PTI that copies of the judicial commission's report had been provided to the prosecution and defence lawyers.

"We have raised objections on the outcome of our visit as it was a futile exercise," he said.

Prosecution lawyers Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali and Chaudhry Azhar filed an application saying they were unwell and asking the judge to put off proceedings till next week.

The judge then adjourned the case till next Saturday.

The eight-member judicial commission, which included prosecution and defence lawyers, returned from a visit to India last month.

The panel travelled to Mumbai, where it recorded the statements of the magistrate who recorded the confession of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving attacker, the police officer who led the investigation into the attacks and two doctors who conducted the autopsies of the terrorists and victims.

In a recent interview with PTI, Khwaja Haris Ahmed had claimed that the Pakistani judicial commission's visit to India would have "zero impact" on the case of the seven suspects.

"We have come back with disappointment. Had we known that the commission’s members would not be allowed to cross examine the four witnesses, we would have refused to go to India," Ahmed had said.

Indian officials had expressed surprise at Ahmed's remarks about being barred from cross-examining Indian officials in Mumbai.

"Under the agreement for the commission's visit, it was made very clear beforehand that the panel would not be allowed to do any cross-examination," one official had said.

The seven suspects, including Lakhvi, have been charged with planning, financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people in November 2008.

The trial of the suspects has stalled due to various technical issues for the past year.