The court also issued a summons to Headley and directed that he be produced before the court via video-conferencing on December 10. The Mumbai police on October 8 had moved an application before the court saying that Headley (who is currently serving 35 years in an American prison for his role in the terror attacks) deserves to be tried by this (Mumbai) court together with 26/11 key plotter Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal as both of them are conspirators and abettors behind the dastardly strikes on November 26, 2008.

The court is presently trying Jundal for his alleged role in the case. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said, "David Headley has been joined as an accused along with Abu Jundal (in the 26/11 case) and the court has taken cognisance of offences against Headley."
The police had pleaded that the (Mumbai) court may kindly issue a Letter of Request to US District court of Illinois to produce Headley before this (Mumbai) court through video-conferencing. The offences with which Headley is likely to be charged by this court are distinct and separate than the offences with which he had been charged and punished in USA, police said.

Click here to read more news on David Headley

Latest News from India News Desk