Bharti said he had been arguing that National Human Rights Commission has not heard his side of the story before passing the order.

"There was a political conspiracy to malign me and my party. We will argue the case before the NHRC and put forth the facts...many facts have been suppressed.
    
"That NHRC passed the order without hearing me was a violation of section 16 of The Protection of Human Rights Act. We put forth this point before the court. In the NHRC judgement, there was only one adversary and that is me," Bharti told reporters here.
    
He said that he had sought a compensation of Rs 100 crore from the Centre, NHRC and the city government. A vacation bench of justices S Muralidhar and Manmohan Singh, while setting aside the September 29 ruling of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), also directed it to hear the matter afresh and pass a detailed order by taking into account the evidence lead by Bharti in his defence.

Latest News from State News Desk