Kathmandu, Jan 12 (Agencies): The Nepal Government removed an elite police force team providing security to Nepal's controversial former crown prince Paras.

The 10-member Armed Police Force (APF) team was withdrawn by the Home Ministry after the firing incident at the Tiger Tops Jungle Resort in Chitawan National Park last month, officials said.

Home Ministry officials said the APF team was not sent to provide security to Paras after the incident.

There was no plan to re-depute the security detail for the ex-crown prince in the near future, 'Republica' daily quoted an unnamed Home Ministry official as saying.

Paras had opened fire after a heated argument with Sujata's Bangladeshi son-in-law Rubel Chaudhry in the jungle lodge last month. No one was injured in the incident.

The Deputy Prime Minister had demanded removal of the security team from the residence of Paras after the incident.