The six sites, including Pashupatinath, Swoyambhu, Lumbini, Kathmand Durbarsauqre, Patan Durbarsquare and Bhaktapur Durbarsqure, enlisted by the UNESCO have been reopened for public.

However, Lichhivi-era Hindu shrine Changu Narayan temple which was badly damaged by the earthquake has not been reopened yet for the public, said Chief of National Achieves Shesh Naraan Dahal.

Tourism Minister Kripasur Sherpa said Nepal's heritage sites are safe for the public to visit and appealed to international tourists to visit cultural and natural heritage sites that are not damaged by the two earthquakes of April 25 and May 12 and a number of aftershocks.

"Now Nepal is safe for visitors. So help Nepal by sending your nationals if you want to help Nepal in real sense," the Minister added.

Nepalese Tourism Secretary Suresh Man Shrestha said that Nepal currently receives 800,000 tourists and the county needs to make efforts to increase the number of visitors by many folds learning lessons from tiny South Asian country Maldives which receives nearly double the tourists visiting Nepal.

The cash-strapped Nepal government opted to push ahead with their reopening despite cautionary statements issued by UNESCO last week that visitors to the ruins should 'reconsider the necessity of visiting those sites because they were still in a 'precarious' state.

Latest News from World News Desk