Due to premature birth, the baby was underweight and transferred to the Medical College here on December 27.
Doctors kept him in a radiant warmer. Yesterday, the radiant warmer's temperature rose up due to which the baby's neck was burnt.
Later, a patient raised an alarm and the warmer was switched off but by then the baby had sustained 70 percent burns and died last evening.
Medical College's Principal Dr Pradeep Bharti has set up a three-member Commission under the chairmanship of Chief Medical Officer Dr Subhash. He said that if there is any negligence, strict action will be taken against those responsible. 


Latest News from Uttar Pradesh News Desk