However, he took to his microblogging site on Thursday to declare he had been denied entry at two city multiplexes.

Insiders say the surprising rule was levied on the star keeping in mind the public safety at the shopping malls that house these theatres. SRK tweeted “Have to avoid visiting PVR Phoenix Kurla and PVR Phoenix Lower Parel. Independence Day rush etc. Will see you at rest of the enlisted theaters.” Preceding this he tweeted, “Have been refrained by authorities from visiting PVR Phoenix Kurla and PVR Phoenix Lower Parel..Will see you at the other enlisted theaters.” (sic)

According to a source close to the theatre owners, Shah Rukh had approached them to seek permissions to visit the venue. “SRK had been granted the permission by the multiplexes and it was duly advertised. But at the last minute, the mall owners reversed their decision. The reason provided by them for making a U-turn was that SRK’s presence would bring in huge crowds and they hadn’t been able to arrange adequate man power to control the same. On national holidays, the footfall nearly doubles. But if he still decided to come, we are ready to welcome him,” the source said.

An employee at the mall, on the condition of anonymity, said, “The last time when a big star had come for a visit, it had resulted in a lot of property damage amounting into huge losses for the owners. This time they wanted to play safe.”

Courtesy: Mid-day

Latest Newsfrom Entertainment News Desk