"On our contact with the ZC, they told us that they are talking with their government and security experts about their tour to Pakistan," PCB chief Shaharyar Khan told reporters.
     
Sources in the PCB said that they were in touch with Zimbabwe Cricket after the deadly attack on members of Ismaili community in Karachi yesterday in which 46 people were killed.
     
"We are in touch with them and they are presently consulting with their government and the security experts who came to Pakistan about the tour," one official source said.
     
He said that after the deadly incident in Karachi, the outside world could have renewed apprehensions about the security situation in Karachi.
     
"But for the Zimbabwe team's tour, the Board is getting full cooperation from the government and they will be provided state level security throughout their stay in Lahore," he added.
     
The PCB has said that around 2000 policemen would be deployed for the security of the visiting team when they reach Lahore on May 19 to play two T20 matches and three ODIs.
     
After Zimbabwe Cricket expressed reservations about playing in Karachi, the PCB dropped the idea of having two matches in the southern port city where the incident took place on Wednesday.
     
Zimbabwe Cricket's CEO Alaister Campbell accompanied a high level security experts team from South Africa to Lahore earlier this month to review arrangements for their team.
     
Another source in the PCB said the situation about Zimbabwe's tour would be clear by tomorrow.
     
Zimbabwe is the first test team to agree to tour Pakistan since militants attacked the bus of the Sri Lankan team in Lahore in March 2009, killing six Pakistani policemen and a van driver while some members of the visiting team were also hurt.

Latest News from Sports News Desk