1. Sources said the decision of changing the guard of the two leaders was taken in the light of "operational efficiency" as the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is deployed thickly in areas of maximum movement of these two political leaders.
2. Both the leaders, with Raman Singh being under Naxal threat, will continue to be guarded under the top category of the 'Z+' VVIP security cover.
3. This security cover entails deployment of as many as 60 armed commandos and five to six vehicles including some bullet-proof ones at a given time.
4. The Chhattisgarh CM moves extensively in his state, it was thought appropriate to entrust the CRPF with his full security
5. The NSG, in the scenario of Singh's movement to the interiors of Chhattisgarh, had to either airlift or send its squad by road because of the CM's threat perception.
6. Similarly, Lalu Prasad has now been given the CRPF cover as the force has large numbers in Bihar where the Rashtriya Janta Dal will be spending more time as Assembly polls are due in the state this year.