1. India's new envoy Arun Singh met Obama at the President's Oval office and formally presented his credentials as the
Indian Ambassador to US.
2. "The President fondly recalled his visit to India in January and personal friendship with Prime Minister Modi," the Embassy informed.
3. In his remarks, Singh conveyed warm greetings from the President and the Prime Minister of India to him and the First Lady.
4. Singh said he was committed to work towards making the India-US strategic partnership global in outlook, strategic in content and transformative for India's development.
5. A 1979-batch IFS officer, Singh has replaced S Jaishankar, who was appointed as Foreign Secretary on January 28 this year.