Patna: Here’s good news for college teachers in Bihar. The Nitish Kumar-led NDA government in order to remove all discrepancies in payment of salaries is going to embark on a new method where salaries would be paid through an online system.

The education department of the state is preparing to send a request in this regard to the Centre to release 80 percent of the total amount which is to be paid as dues to the college teachers.

While speaking to reporters on Thursday after emerging from the meeting of Vice-Chancellor, Sitaram Singh, Director of Higher education, Bihar, said that the Centre was prompted to make timely management of finances for the college teachers due to serious irregularities in appointment, promotion, fixing of salaries and in payment of dues to the teachers. Dubey committee will monitor the administrative, academic and financial management of the universities.

Singh further said that a software is also being prepared for ensuring online payment which will be made operational soon. This will also help monitoring the expenditure of different universities of the state. Vice-Chancellors have been instructed to provide an amended proposal within three days in this regard.

Singh clarified that all universities have made available the amount pending in sixth pay Commission to the teachers. On this basis Education Department of the state will send a comprehensive proposal to the Centre so that 80 percent amount is released by it while states will pay the rest 20 percent.  The meeting was chaired by S Shiv Kumar, Secretary Higher Education, Bihar.

On this occasion, Kumaresh Chandra Singh Vice -Chancellor Kunwar Singh University, Dr Bimal Kumar Vice-Chancellor f Bihar and Bhagalpur Universities, Arun Kumar Vice-Chancellor BN Mandal University, proctors of universities along with Deputy Director Ravindra Pandey and other officials were present.

JPN\ Bureau  

Latest News from Bihar News Desk