New Delhi: The China based technology company Oppo has been spreading its wings worldwide by launching smartphones constituted with state-of-the-art technologies. Recently, the company unveiled its new A59 smartphone in China. Priced at CNY 1,799 (approximately Rs 18,500), the smartphone will be available via official online store starting June 18.
The latest gadget will be available in Gold and Rose Gold colour options. The company has not revealed any plans for the international launch of the smartphone.
Following are the specifications of the device:
- Oppo A59 features a 5.5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) IPS display and comes with a pixel density of 267ppi.
- It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor clocked at 1.5GHz paired with 3GB of RAM
- The handset packs 32GB of inbuilt storage and supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with the company's ColorOS 3.0 UI on top
- The smartphone sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and PDAF (phase detection autofocus)
- It can record videos at 1080p resolution. There is a 5-megapixel front-facing camera on board as well
- Oppo touts A59's metal unibody design and includes a 3075mAh battery.
- The A59 bears dual speakers on the bottom panel alongside by the charging slot
- The smartphone measures 154.5x76x7.38mm and weighs 160 grams
- Connectivity options on the smartphone include 4G, VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and Micro-USB
The official listing of the Oppo A59 confirms that the smartphone is compatible with Indian LTE bands.