"Our restraint should not be taken for granted; nor should the capacity of our armed forces and resolve of the government to uphold the sanctity of the LoC ever be doubted," Defence Minister AK Antony said in the Rajya Sabha.

In a suo motu statement, Antony said the incident would have consequences on the Indian behaviour on the LoC and its relations with Pakistan.

The Minister's statement comes at a time when in the recent past there have been several ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC. Stating that it has now become clear that specialist troops of Pakistan Army were involved in the August 6 attack, Antony said a group from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) had crossed the LoC and killed jawans.

"We all know that nothing happens from Pakistan side of the LoC without support, assistance, facilitation and often, direct involvement of the Pakistan army," Antony said.

"Those in Pakistan who are responsible for this tragedy and the brutal killing of two soldiers earlier this year should not go unpunished," he said.

Antony said Pakistan should also show determined action to dismantle the terrorists networks, organizations and infrastructure and show tangible movement on bringing those responsible for the Mumbai terrorist attack in November, 2008 to justice quickly.

(Agencies)

Latest News from India News Desk