Islamabad: A Pakistani court conducting the trial of seven suspects charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks on Saturday adjourned the case till March 6 after defence lawyers asked the judge to appoint a "coordinator" for a judicial commission's visit to India to interview key officials.

Defence lawyers filed an application asking anti-terrorism court Judge Shahid Rafique to appoint a coordinator who could facilitate the working of the commission in India.

The panel is scheduled to visit Mumbai between March 12 and 22.

The defence lawyers informed the court that the members of the commission were yet to be provided the itinerary of the visit and other details, such as where they would stay in Mumbai and whom they would meet.

They further said the report of the chief investigation officer who probed the 2008 Mumbai incident had not been provided to them despite a direction from the court to prosecution lawyers.

Chief prosecutor Chaudhry Zulifqar Ali informed the judge that the itinerary for the commission's visit would be finalised once the Indian government finalises arrangements and informs Pakistani authorities, sources said.

Ali said the Indian investigator's report had been sought from Indian authorities but was yet to be received.

The judge directed prosecutors to submit a reply to the application from the defence lawyers by March 6.

Khwaja Haris Ahmed, the counsel for Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, said that a coordinator should be appointed for the commission's visit to India.

He said he had also written to the federal government on this issue.

(Agencies)