A Pakistani government team investigating the Pathankot airbase attack will ask the Foreign Ministry to seek more evidence from India.

Answering a question about the people, including banned Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Maulana Masood Azhar, detained in connection with the Pathankot incident, the source said "Let first more evidence come from India".

Sharif had formed the six-member investigation team headed by the Additional Inspector General of Punjab's Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) in the second week of January to look into India's allegations that the JeM was behind the January 2 attack.

The team headed by AIG Counter Terror Department, Punjab Rai Tahir has so far held two meetings.

The Prime Minister told reporters in Lahore on Saturday that the investigation was underway and its findings would be made public.

Meanwhile, law enforcement agencies have not produced before court any of the suspects arrested in connection with the attack over the past two weeks since their detention.

The government has not disclosed the number of suspects detained. Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah only confirmed that Maulana Masood Azhar had been taken into "protective custody", along with some of his "accomplices".

India says Masood Azhar was the mastermind of the attack. It alleges that his brother Rauf and five others were also involved in the attack which killed all six terrorists and seven Indian soldiers.

Latest News from World News Desk