Los Angeles: The man who attempted breaking into Socialite and reality TV star Paris Hilton’s home last year was convicted by a jury on Monday. 

“Nathan Lee Parada of 31 was convicted of first-degree attempt of residential burglary and faces up to three years in prison when he is sentenced on June 29,” said district attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison.

Hilton testified this week the bizarre incident she faced. She said that she and her boyfriend were woken early on August 24 after Parada banged on one of her home's windows with the butt of a knife.

While being interviewed by detectives, Parada said that he wanted to steal as much as he could from Hilton’s house and planned to move to a deserted island after the burglary, according to testimony in the case.

The stalker also told detectives that he found Hilton's Hollywood Hills home after buying a map showing stars' homes, and waited outside for days before trying to break in.

Just two days earlier, Hilton's boyfriend Cy Waits was attacked on his way to the court house to testify the allegation against Parada on Wednesday.

(Agencies)