New Delhi: Reminding the deadly miltant attack in Gurdaspur, a group of five militants, part of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, LeT's hybrid terrorist group, today attacked an Air Force base in Pathankot. In the fierce gun battle, four of the five militants were killed, while one IAF official got martyred.
Here is how it happened:
- Jalandhar SP Salwinder Singh and two others were yesterday abducted by militants.
- They were thrashed and later dumped near Tajpur village.
- A series of meetings was held by NSA with Army Chief and top IB officers in this regard.
- Army and NSG were put on alert and rushed to Pathankot overnight.
- The intelligence had alerted a possible terror attack in Pathankot.
- A group of five terrorists, with huge quantity of RDX in their possession, made their way to air force base from back side where there is a jungle.
- Militants of Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist group, in army uniform launched the attack at 3.30 am today.
- The alert security personnel retaliated strongly to attack.
- The attempts made by militants to enter the air force base were futile and could only occupy the langar area nearby
- In a joint effort by NSG and Army, four militants were gunned down
- An IAF official was also killed in the fierce gun battle between militants and the security personnel.
Read More: Pathankot terror attack: Four terrorists, two IAF personnel killed as fierce gun battle ends
Photo Gallery: Pathankot terror attack
Latest News from India News Desk