Sources at Marine Drive police station said Raman, several players of IPL team Kings XI Punjab, of which Zinta is a co-owner with Wadia, their support staff and officials of Wankhede Stadium were claimed to have been present when the alleged incident took place and their statements will be recorded.

"We will be recording the statement of IPL CEO as Zinta has said that after she refused to sit with Wadia, he had screamed at her and the IPL CEO had intervened," an officer involved in the investigation said.
Maharashtra Women's Commission questions delay in action

Questioning the ‘delay’ in taking action in the case, Maharashtra State Women's Rights Commission has given the city police a 24-hour ultimatum to arrest Wadia.
Chitra Wagh, a member of the state's Women's Rights Commission, who visited Marine Drive police station to inquire about the progress of investigation, said, "We have served a 24-hour ultimatum to Mumbai police to arrest Ness Wadia.
"This is a sensitive case and police have taken no action more than 24 hours after the complaint was filed. The incident happened at a public place. Police have assured us they would record the statements of witnesses and examine CCTV footage over the next few hours and take action within 24 hours," she said.

READ MORE: Zinta Molestation case
The 39-year-old actress had filed a police complaint on Thursday night alleging that she was molested by Wadia (44) inside Wankhede stadium on May 30 when an IPL match was played between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
Based on Zinta's written complaint, Marine Drive police have registered an FIR against Wadia under IPC Sections 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman).

According to the complaint, Wadia molested the actress, pushed her and used abusive language in the presence of several people.
Wagh, who said she had a copy of the FIR, claimed Wadia even threatened to kill the actress.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said, "Offence has been registered. We are trying to collect evidence like the statements of those involved and CCTV footage".
READ MORE: Allegations false and baseless, says Wadia

Meanwhile, Wadia has said that he was shocked at the allegations and termed them as "false and baseless".     

"I am shocked at the complaint and the allegations made against me are totally false and baseless," he said in a statement.
I have 'truth' by my side, says Zinta
Zinta, however, said she had to take the ‘stern step’ as the incident took place in front of "too many people" and hoped the police will do their job "fairly and quickly".
Calling it a "fight for respect at my workplace", the actress said she had truth by her side.

“No one at work or around ever stood up for me in the past when I was abused and insulted publicly. This time I was left with no option but to take this stern step as this incident happened in front of way too many people," Zinta said in a statement posted on Facebook.
Zinta requested that the incident should not be diluted by "every other fabricated story about my character" and made into a TV soap.
"Ironically what happened at Wankhade is being diluted by every other fabricated story about my character except the truth of what happened. I'm sure the witnesses will speak the truth and I trust and believe that the police will do their job fairly and quickly,” she said.
"No woman likes to be involved in a controversy like this which makes her open and vulnerable for all to take a dig at... All these years I have never said anything about him in the media but now I have no choice," she added.
The actress said her intention is not to harm anyone but only to "protect myself" and requested the media for privacy.     

Zinta and Wadia had broken off their five-year-long relationship a couple of years back but had shared business interest.


Latest News from India News Desk