The Spaniard, who turned 29 on Wednesday when he was beaten 7-5 6-3 6-1 by world number one Djokovic, only his second defeat in 11 years at Roland Garros, said he was no longer suffering from the physical problems that affected him last year.
               
"I hope I'll be able to continue on the tour, and before the end of the year I'd like to be even fitter and to work on the parts of my game that I have to work on," Nadal said.
               
"Physically I have to be good. You know, last year I had some physical incidents, but so far this year I feel good. I'm not injured. This is something very important,” he said.
               
"You know, when you're injured, there is not much you can do. So far, as I was saying, everything is good," he added.
               
Nadal showed fleeting glimpses of his best against Djokovic but was nowhere near the level that earned him nine French Open titles, striking only three forehand winners.
               
The Mallorcan has one only won title, in Buenos Aires in March, since winning his ninth Roland Garros crown last year.

Latest News from Sports News Desk