New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India (SAI) is yet to submit its report on the alleged sexual harassment of junior women wrestlers but a SAI official and the grapplers involved in the controversy have claimed that the incident never took place and the furore was a result of rivalry between coaches.
"It was very clear from the complaint that something was amiss. Out of the four complainants, three have withdrawn their complaint. They have stated that their signatures had been forged and that they did not accuse any coach of harassment during the camp," a SAI official told  on condition of anonymity.
"The girl, who was said to be harassed by the coach, is herself not complaining and the whole matter looks like that of rivalry between coaches. The wrestlers were unnecessarily dragged into this controversy," he said.

The incident came to light when a junior girl wrestler from Haryana levelled charges of sexual harassment against her coach during a national camp in Lucknow for the under-19 team for the Asian Junior Championship in Kazakhstan from May 31 to June 3.
The wrestler filed a complaint with Sports Minister Ajay Maken on May 16 that her coach, also from Haryana, forcibly entered her room on the midnight of May 15.

 The complaint letter was signed by four other junior wrestlers.
The Sports Ministry asked SAI to file a report into the incident following which the body constituted a three-member committee headed by its Lucknow center regional director Rachna Govil.

SAI had barred the coach from accompanying the girls till the report was submitted.

The coaches in the middle of the controversy have been identified as Vikram Kumar, WFI treasurer Prem Nath's son, Vishnu Das, an employee with Department of Sports and Youth Affairs, Haryana and Ajit Mann Singh.


Latest News from Sports News desk