- The rupee resumed lower at 68.69 from last Friday's closing level of 68.62 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange Market (Forex) here today.
- It slid further to 68.74 on heavy bouts of dollar demand before quoting at 68.59 at 1030 hours.
- It moved in a range of 68.74 and 68.57 during the morning trade.
- Meanwhile, the dollar index was down 0.14 percent at 98.02 against a basket of six currencies in morning trade.
- Overseas, the dollar took a breather against its major rivals in early Asian trade following a steep climb on upbeat US data while reaction to a weekend meeting of G20 policymakers was muted as the outcome yielded no major surprises.
- Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex was trading higher 44.78 points, or 0.19 percent, at 23,199.08 at 1106 hours.
Latest News from Business News Desk