From Elizabeth Taylor to the Olson twins, kaftans have always been a mainstay of A-listers, but now they're definitely on-trend for the rest and it also become coolest trend of this hottest season. The special quality of this attire is, you can wear it on any occasion or can be worn by any age group. In fact it suits on any type of body shape. So, must add this 70’s vintage collection in your wardrobe. But when we talk about kaftans, people think that this can only suit to heavy built body people but now-a-days it emerges as a very trendy and body hugging outfits. Even this will give a feminine touch and elegant touch to your over all personality.
Here fashion designer Preeti Kapoor explains the ways and ideas of wearing kaftans.
1. Ankle length maxi: Floor length flowing kaftans is the best option for evening wear. If you want to add rich feel in your kaftans, wear silk and satin fabric made kaftans. Besides this, layering pattern and chiffon made kaftans add extra quotient of glamour in your personality. On that you can wear single strand neckpiece and stone studded flats, it goes well with your personality. In fact you can complete your look with headbands, bracelets and rings.
2. Bat wing style top: The thumb rule to wear loose fitted top, you just wear it on fitted trouser. If you are wearing bright printed top, team it up with khaki or tan colouredtrouser. Even skinny jeans, leggings or shorts are also a better option for this. To give extra impact on your look, layer it with beaded accessories. Tribal print tops are very much in vogue so you can invest on this also. You can wear it whole day or you can also wear it when you are going for shopping. It will give you comfort and elegant look. Add wooden clogs in your footwear.
3. Knee length dress: If you are very much fond of short dresses, you can pick it. You can flaunt on your summer party by wearing this short kaftans. Now-a-days bright coloures are in trend so apply colour blocking. Add straw bags and hats in your accessories. Woven platform heels are best option for this dress.
4. Tunic style: you can use kaftans as your formal wear also. Wear silk or cotton fabric tunic and team it up with pencil skirt and cigarette pants. Avoid weaing any kind of jwellery on this. Prefer pump shoes on this.
5. Cropped t-shirts: If you are fond of shorts, create a style statement by wearing cropped t-shirts. After wearing it your simple skirts give glam impact to your over all personality. In addition of this, you can also try trendy handbags, bright sunglasses and try colour blocking in heels.