Ovarian cysts are small sacs filled with fluid that develop in the ovaries of women. This condition has become very common in females of all ages nowadays. Most cysts are harmless until they develop problems such as bleeding, rupturing or pain and may require surgical removal. In certain cases however, ovarian cysts can become malignant or cancerous. Besides modern allopathic medicines, a wide range of ayurvedic cures for ovarian cyst are available to treat this condition naturally and safely.
Ayurvedic cures for Ovarian Cysts: Safe Remedies
- Natural herbs such as Kachnaar Guggul, Pradrantak Churna and Chandraprabha Vati prove to be effective ayurvedic remedies for ovarian cyst as they not only balance the hormones but also alleviate pain and regulate irregular menstruation.
- Another ayurvedic home remedy for ovarian cyst is red clover that cures hormonal imbalance and maintains the right equilibrium between estrogen and testosterone hormones in women.
- Chaste berry, dandelion and black cohosh are also widely used as ayurvedic cures for ovarian cyst. These herbs are known to normalise irregular menstrual periods and hormonal disorders.
- Bee pollen is a powerhouse of nutrition and therefore is a competent ayurvedic cure for ovarian cyst. It also makes the reproductive system stronger.
- Walnuts, red chestnuts, milk of thistles, wild yam and wild oats are also well-known ayurvedic home remedies for ovarian cyst as they are proven to cure all types of ovarian problems.
- Herbs such as ginseng, fennel and sage help with hormone imbalances and prevent the formation of cysts.
- Fomentation with castor oil is also an effective ayurvedic cure for ovarian cyst.
- Dong quai, a popular Chinese herb helps to balance the hormones in the body, thereby promoting a healthy menstrual cycle and preventing cyst formation.
- Liquorice has the ability to affect the adrenal glands which regulate the production of hormones in the body. Due to its hormone regulating action, liquorice has the power to dissolve ovarian cysts naturally in the body.
- A tampon made of onion inserted in the vagina is extremely effective in the treatment of ovarian cysts. Soak an onion in honey for 12 hours. At night use this as a tampon and insert it in the vagina. Leave it overnight. Repeat this procedure for 10 days for positive results.
- Foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, garlic and whole grains help ease the pain and discomfort caused by ovarian cysts. Moreover, refrain from foods containing caffeine, alcohol, eggs, red meat, fats, white sugar and refined foods to prevent the recurrence of this problem.
- Inclusion of fibre in the diet along with supplements of vitamins A, C and E is also helpful in dealing with ovarian cyst problems. Besides being cost effective, ayurvedic remedies for ovarian cysts are completely devoid of harmful side effects. However, if the problem persists or there are cases of reoccurrence, it is advisable to consult a health expert.