Every woman desires to be the pride of her partner. And if you too want people to get drawn towards you, all you need to do is to follow a healthy diet. This will give you a glowing skin, lustrous hair and a perfect smile which are the very features making a woman desirable for every man.
In an exclusive chat with 'Sakhi', beauty expert Sangeeta Chouhan, has revealed dietary secrets in details which will give you a flawless complexion and shining hair. So, here’s ten simple tips to make you more attractive.
1. Radiant skin: Make sure that your every day diet contains vegetables which are good sources of beta carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E as these are essential for a glowing skin. Avocado is a beauty booster which is enriched with vitamin E.
2. Let your hair do the talking: Hair is the second most noticeable thing after your face. So it should be well maintained.
If your hair starts losing its softness then try to enrich your diet with vitamin B7 or vitamin H (also known as biotin). These ingredients are abundantly present in egg yolk, liver and peanuts. Oily fish (like salmon) and avocado contains fatty acids which provides nourishment to the hair and makes your hair shine.
3. Strong and healthy nails: Iron deficiency in your diet makes your nails brittle and dull. A diet rich in iron, viz, green vegetables, soya beans, rajma and red meat can give you those enviable long nails.
4. Beautiful eyes: Fresh vegetables, fruits and dry fruits are good source of antioxidants which protect your eyes from pollution and dust. Avocado provides lutein which is excellent for eyes. To prevent dark circles and dark lines around your eyes, daily intake of beet salad in your diet is essential.
5. A pleasant smile: A beautiful smile imparts a special charm to a face. For a beautiful smile strengthen your teeth with fluorine present in cherry, tomatoes. Calcium is also very important for teeth. Therefore, include calcium enriched products such as milk and milk-made products (cheese, custard) in your daily diet.
6. Keep spots/blemishes at bay: Water is the best natural detox aid. It helps to flush out the toxins from the body. Apart from water you can drink herbal tea, soup, fruit- juice and vegetable-juice. These also help in detoxifying the body.
7. Get rid of wrinkles: Antioxidant diet is essential for wrinkle-free skin. This diet reduces the harm of free radicals. Include blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, cranberry and artichoke in your daily diet to get rid of wrinkles.
8. Protect your skin from sun: A research claims that carrot is a natural source of SPF that protects your skin from sun tanning. If you eat at least two carrots daily, the beta carotene of carrot guards your skin from the damages of sun burn for nearly 2-4 hours. Soybeans and nuts which are enriched with antioxidants and vitamin E also protect your skin from free radicals.
9. Bid adieu to dandruff: You get dandruff either when your scalp becomes very dry or you do not rinse your hair properly after washing it.
Your scalp needs optimum quantity of natural oil, vitamin E and zinc to be healthy and dandruff free. That is why inclusion of lots of seafood, dry fruits, soybean, flax seed, black-eyed pea or lobia in your daily diet is very important.
10. Get a soft supple skin: Vitamin E and zinc found in black-eyed pea, sea foods, rajma, dry fruits and avocado can do act wonders for your skin. Oily fish is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acid which makes your skin soft and supple.