Unfazed by the criticism that has come his way post the release of 'Jai Ho' and its failure at getting a much-expected bumper opening, the star made sure he didn't forget to thank his fans for their support.

‘Jai Ho’, which released on 24 January, saw a shockingly low opening of about 17 crore as compared to Salman's prior releases like ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, ‘Bodyguard’ and ‘Dabangg’. Despite a weak start, the film has now raked in 100 crore globally.

The 48-year-old actor, who had earlier taken the blame for debacle of ‘Jai Ho’, took to Twitter to thank his fans for their support.

“Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it, I totally appreciate it guys. U been wonderful. God bless. (sic),” he said on the microblogging site.

The business of ‘Jai Ho’ did pick up on January 26 and collected Rs 26 crore but was unable to sustain it the next day.

Directed by Sohail Khan, the film features Daisy Shah opposite Salman.

‘Jai Ho’ was not received well by most of the critics while 'Ek Tha Tiger' and 'Dabangg 2' had got mixed reviews.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh, who has been tweeting about the movie’s dad-to-day collections, said the movie is yet to enter Rs 100 crore mark, which is unlike any Salman movie released in the past three-four years.

“#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr. Total:  77.48 cr nett. India biz only,” Taran had tweeted on Wednesday.

JPN/Bureau

Latest Newsfrom Entertainment News Desk