New Delhi: The technology giant Samsung have been working on the sequel of its Galaxy J1 smartphone, which was launched in February this year. The specifications of the yet-to-be-announced smartphone got leaked online.
The successor of the Samsung Galaxy J1 will be named Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016).
According to the leaked report, the following are the specification of the device:
- Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) or the SM-J120F will feature a 4.5-inch display as compared to the 4.3-inch on the Galaxy J1.
- The display resolution will stay the same at WVGA (480x800 pixels).
- The 2016 version of Galaxy J1 will pack a 1.3GHz quad-core Exynos 3457 processor under-the-hood,
- The device wll be clubbed with 1GB RAM and Mali-720 GPU
- The smartphone will run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out-of-the-box and will come with dual-SIM support as well.
- The smartphone sports 8GB of built-in storage.
- For reference, the Android 4.4.4 KitKat-based Samsung Galaxy J1 is powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor coupled
- The smartphone is clubbed with 512MB of RAM.
- On the camera front, the Galaxy J1 (2016) is said to feature a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front facing camera - the same as the Galaxy J1.
The Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) in the leaked images replicates similar design profile to its predecessor. While one image shows the smartphone's display with its name, the second image shows the back panel removed, revealing the model number, removable battery, dual-SIM card slots, and a 'Made in Vietnam' tag.