New Delhi (JPN/Bureau): In order to end uncertainties and irregularities in BEd entrance examination in Uttar Pradesh, the Supreme Court has directed the state government to present a composite plan for the entrance programme.

During the hearing of petitions filed by B.Ed colleges in the state, a bench of Justice RV Ravindra said that the government should reveal its action plan.

The court has given four-week time to the government and scheduled the next hearing for March 11, 2011.

State government and non-aided private universities had clashed earlier due to non-availability of proper structure of B.Ed entrance examination schedule.

This year also the state government has announced the exam of B.Ed entrance will be held on May 8, while there is no notification on the results, counseling and starting of the session.

During the hearing, advocate Soli Sohrabji and Diyva Prakash Pandey suggested that court the state government can conduct entrance tests till May 15 and commence the session by July 1.

They also added that if the state government is unable to conduct exams on time, private colleges can hold exams independently.
State government’s advocate PP Rao has asked for four weeks time.

Last year, the UP government had deferred the 2009-10 session due to late session. However, High Court slammed its decision and said that the government did not have that right.