Security has been tightened in the court and adjoining areas of the District Magistrate office, including the office of Faizabad Divisional Commissioner.

"16 CCTV cameras have been installed at all vital positions of the district court and collectorate," Faizabad SP (City) RA Gautam informed.

Only two gates have been allowed for the entry of vehicles of administrative and judicial officers, he said.

"Now only those vehicles bearing security pass on their wind screens will be allowed to enter. After 10.15 am, no vehicle will be allowed to enter or move out normally," he said.

All those, including advocates and clients will be thoroughly checked while entering the court premises, he said, adding that they all must have a photo identity card.

Armed police forces, including women constables, have been deployed at every entry points.

To take account of the situation, Administrative Judge of the high court Justice SS Chauhan visited Faizabad on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Gyanendra Sharma, allegedly involved in the attack and arrested soon after it, was on Thursday presented before the court of Judicial Magistrate which sent him to 14-day judicial custody.

"We will apply before the court to take Sharma in police custody for detail investigation," Faizabad CO (city) Mahendra Pratap Chauhan said.

In the daring attack on Wednesday, two persons allegedly threw crude bombs and opened fire at local politician Yashbhadra Singh alias Monu in the court premises.

Six persons, including Yashbhadra and his lawyer, were injured in the attack.

Block chief of Dhanpatganj Yashbhadra Singh came to appear in court in connection with a murder case when he was attacked with bombs by Sharma and Sahil, allegedly to avenge killing of one Sant Gyaneshwar, police had said.

As Singh came under attack, his gunners are said to have returned fire, shooting dead one of the attackers, Sahil.

Second attacker Sharma was arrested and three live bombs were recovered from his possession, they had said.


Latest News from State News Desk